Sand Quarry, West Sussex
LVIA, habitat restoration
Lower Horncroft, West SussexProject Type:
Located in the rolling West Sussex countryside, this project involved proposals for a major sand quarry development set within the bounds of the South Downs National Park.
A highly sensitive site, Indigo were responsible for undertaking a detailed Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment which formed part of a wider Environmental Statement. Our input included strategic input into planning and phasing of the quarry to minimise impacts, along with proposals for landscape mitigation, habitat creation, restoration and long-term management. In addition, Indigo provided the graphic presentation of the scheme for public consultation, including a time-lapse video showing the phased approach to extraction and restoration.
- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment
- Development phasing
- Habitat creation and restoration
- Landscape management
Key team members:
- WGDP / Benchmark – Planning
- Barrell Tree Consultancy – Arboriculture
- Corylus Ecology – Ecology
- Bellamy Roberts – Highway engineering
- Peter Brett Associates – Hydrology
- Peer Spanner – Quarry design