We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Landscape Architect to join us. If you or someone you know is a talented, experienced landscape architect with excellent design flair and creativity then we would like to hear from you. We can offer excellent career opportunities and and work that is incredibly varied and interesting.
- Design work – Concept and sketch designs, cost estimates, masterplans, detail design, construction details, specifications.
- Project control – Preparing fee proposals, estimates, scope of works. Working to project budgets.
- Project co-ordination – Liaising with senior and support staff in the office. Working with clients and other consultants. Preparing planning applications and consulting with Local Authorities. Contract administration.
Qualifications and skills
- The ideal candidate will either be CMLI or have at least 4 years’ experience post-graduation.
- Full driving licence.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Experience with SketchUp and Keyscape would also be beneficial.
- Excellent design flair and creativity, coupled with a practical approach.
- Good hand drawing ability and graphic skills.
- Working on design projects from inception to completion.
- Design at all levels including concept designs, sketch designs, masterplanning and detailed layout design.
- Preparing specifications and construction details.
- Working as the lead landscape architect (‘Project landscape Architect’) on projects, as well as in supporting others.
- Working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Good plant knowledge.
- Understanding of urban design/masterplanning and LVIAs
- Making presentations to / discussing schemes with clients, co-consultants, community organisations and planning authorities.
- Running construction contracts on site, including certification and cost control.
- Working within set budgets, both fee and construction costs.
- Working with set office systems to ensure efficiency and consistency of management.
About the Company
We are a design-led practice with a very buoyant workload and a genuinely broad range of interesting projects and clients. Our purpose is to provide clients with intelligent and beautifully designed solutions in all aspects of landscape architecture through a passionate, knowledgeable and holistic approach. We work from a superbly located office overlooking the water meadows, within the stunning townscape of Salisbury’s Cathedral Close; arguably the finest Cathedral Close in Britain. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits including a profit share scheme, a friendly, sociable, open-plan office environment, a forwardthinking approach, and lots of tea.
The outstanding medieval city of Salisbury is a fantastic place to work, being extremely well located between the Cranborne Chase AONB, The New Forest / The Solent and the South Downs National Park and yet is quickly accessible from London, the Midlands, the West Country, and the south coast.
We offer full support and mentoring for designers wishing to undertake the LI Pathway to Chartership, coupled with highly appropriate projects to hone their skills. This position offers excellent career opportunities. The new role will involve responsibility both to run projects independently and to work as part of a team as well as assisting in developing the practice.
If you are interested in finding out more then please send a CV with work samples to email@example.com.
Come and join our team!